We are eager to work with others who are committed to educating parents and caring for young children.
About Just in Time Parenting
Just in Time Parenting is an outreach innovation that brings high quality, research-based information to families at the time it can be most useful and make the biggest difference in their lives.
About The Just in Time Parenting Newsletters:
The Just in Time Parenting print and e-newsletters consist of a non-commercial, free, easy to read, series of newsletters – keyed to the age of the child – from prenatal to age five. Topics covered include physical, intellectual, emotional and social skills being developed by children at each specific age, and things parents can do to promote optimal child development. The overall tone of the newsletter is to encourage competent parenting and prevent child maltreatment by promoting sensitively responsive parenting, and by providing parents with alternative social cognitions to ones that commonly lead to abuse or neglect. Evaluation results of the print versions of the newsletters indicate that this resource can significantly impact parents’ knowledge and behavior.
Ways You Can Get Involved!
If you work with parents in any capacity or care for the future well-being of young children, this is a good place to lend a hand. Here are some ways you can become involved in this project.
- Publicize Just in Time Parenting to parents. To publicize JITP to parents contact your local Extension Specialist or agent in order to obtain access to the publication materials and a coupon code (see below) to track your publication efforts.
- Track Marketing Efforts.
If you want to track a JITP marketing campaign, you can request a designated “coupon code.” Then, you will be able to find out how many parents have signed up for JITP through your marketing efforts by having parents enter that code on the subscription page when they sign up for JITP. To obtain a coupon code, please contact Aaron Ebata. You will be asked to provide:
- Title of your marketing effort (if any)
- Contact name and email address
- Brief description of your marketing plan (e.g. scope – state or county wide – or if you are targeting a specific population)
- Become a JITP partner. Find Extension partners to work with to deliver mailed, print copies of Just in Time Parenting to parents in your area. We strive to reach all interested parents -- including those without dependable internet access. Click on this link to find your state Extension contact.
- Become a Just in Time Parenting Sponsor. If you think Just in Time Parenting is important and you want to lend your organization or company name to this effort, become a co-sponsor of this work. Contact Dr. Harriet Shaklee to talk about becoming a sponsor.
- Become a Financial Supporter. We accept donations from individuals or organizations in support of this work. Your financial support will provide the resources and to the support professionals who provide the information and technical support for this work. Contact Dr. Harriet Shaklee to learn more about this opportunity.
Find out more about other programs for parents and families visit the eXtension home page.
If you have additional questions or other ideas about becoming involved in this work, please contact Dr. Pat Nelson.
You may also contact your local Extension office to partner in using these resources